Saturday 24 January 2015

KENYA - OTHAYA CHINGA - SL28 SL34 NL

KENYA - OTHAYA CHINGA - SL28 SL34 NL


What a strange coffee it was.
So different,
So interesting...

As you know (or maybe not ...), I love to taste the beans (actually I do eat on a regular basis coffee beans for my snack, chuuuuut, it is my secret....).
Those beans were.....little and very light brown (see the picture below), which seems strange as normally coffee beans are quite dark...
The smell was...hou la la. It smelt like old day cake , which looks very promising for the next step... But as a good French so a cheese eater, I am aware that the smell of a cheese has not link at all with its taste...
When I eat the beans, they were roasted with a very grilled taste...
In the cup : it smelt very woody with liquorice notes.
In your mouth : the first sip was smoky, it was subtle though like a fry bacon if I can put it like that !
The second sip, the liquorice was definitely there but with a smoky aftertaste still...
Sip after sip, my coffee had changed but I did not find any fruity notes there : it is dark, woody and smoky. 
Connoisseur will adore it. You should definitely try !!!


You can buy your Othaya Chinga coffee if you wish on Has bean coffee (here).

No comments:

Post a Comment